Wednesday, September 30, 2009

High school=drugs,sex, and secrets

How come in High School you always hear of the one or more girls who are simply known for one thing: Being the girl who has sex with almost every guy. In my school, and the past years, there was always one girl who I always thought of as the queen of sex, and that is Bee*. Bee and I went to the same Elementary, Middle and High School, so I can kinda know some stuff about her. No, we aren't friends at all. I'm in the unpopular class and she is in the popular class. I know mainly two things about Bee: She is sexually active, and smokes weed. How do I know this you might ask? Simple: She kinda gives clues away during one of the classes we share. I already know that she is sexually active, and I wonder how many STD's she has. Hmm. I'm betting a lot, because you can never trust a guy. I heard rumors about her having sex during the begining of 6th grade, which is when most girls my age officially start "trying it out". I'm not in one of those select groups, but lucky for me, I can always tell which girls have done it and which ones haven't.

Bee kinda hinted that she uses weed when she asked my teacher "Is smoking weed a sin"(we were learning about world religions at the time). Normally, you don't ask if smoking weed is a sin, unless you personally have tried it yourself. Though, this does not suprise me, because when you are in High School, there is a high chance that you will encounter drugs at least once. I haven't, because I'm usually not invited to parties, and I know better.
Now don't be calling me "Little Miss Innocent" right now, I have my share of secrets. Like most girls my age, we start to go through that time where we start to wonder what sex is like. I know one thing (based on Harlequin Romance novels) that sex is never as it is portrayed in the media. Now I admit it: I occasionally wonder what it is like, but hey I'm a girl, and we all think about it at least once in our lifetime. This next secret is something my friend and I have both kept.
It was Halloween 2008, and my friend Layla and I were trick-or-treating in her neighborhood because you know we are soo cool that we make trick-or-treaking cool. I had already finished trick-or-treating at a house, while Layla was still there. I looked at the road to see a strange sight. A girl wearing a dirty prom dress (which looked as if she had fallen down a lot) with no shoes on. I'm shaking while writing it, because it was soo creepy. Her face was blank, and unnaturally pale. Not the makeup pale, but the pale of either being scared to death or something worse. Normally, I wouldn't bother a girl walking by herself, but I could not resist. I walked over to her and I asked her, "Hey, nice costume".
She turned to me and said in a faint voice "It's not a costume". Awkward. I asked her if she was okay and she said, "I'm fine, I'm almost at home". I asked her what her name as and she answered, "Brooke Asley". She kept walking, but the expression on her face was the eeriest I ever seen. I went back to Layla, and I said, "Gosh, I just saw some creepy ass girl. You know anybody named Brooke Asley?". Layla laughed, and replied, "That can't be her name". I said again that her name was Brooke Asley, and Layla said very seriously, "That's weird. Some girl named Brooke Asley commited suicide a couple years ago over there". I looked down the road and saw a small bridge that was above a small revine. I turned back to Layla and had a feeling she was joking. I looked back to the road and saw "Brooke" still walking towards the bridge. Layla and I ran towards her and Layla said, "Brooke". Brooke turns around and said,"I'm almost at my home". Layla repeated saying her name, and we walked closer to Brooke. Suddenly, Brooke started running down the street, and Layla and I chased after her. I could not believe that maybe I was chasing a ghost! We caught up to Brooke, and suddenly she hurled herself off the bridge and I grabbed her leg before she fell. I pulled on her leg, the same way as I am doing to you.

4 comments:

  1. Great story, Anne! You reallly had me. I believed you. Nice writing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is the sumarzation of Superman returns: The guy who dressed up as superman(now with Supergirl) comes back and we have yet another boring pep rally. I stayed after school to study with my science teacher, and my little sister dumped two cups of water onto my computer so my I-key is all messed up. Sorry I didn't post it, i had a more interesting story

    ReplyDelete
  3. our chorus teacher told us that story exept diffrently you fiend JKJKJKJK
    from emily the one who goes to your school

    ReplyDelete