Tuesday, September 8, 2009

High school Musical: The perfect lie

Boy, everytime I see a High SMusical toy, worthless poster, or anything with the word High School and Musical put together, I only think one thing, "Boy, I wish I lived in High School Musical". I mean who wouldn't?! The HSM universe is literally perfect. Everybody is gorgeous, smart, and funny. Your only real worry in life is deciding what dress to wear to prom, and you can easily pinpoint the mean people. People don't die, and all boyfriends are loyal and love you for your personality rather than your looks. Unfortunately, High School Musical is nothing but an idealistic version of what life should be. Today at lunch, I imagined what I would be like in High School Musical.
I would be a pretty, and smart new girl who instantly becomes one of the most popular girls just by walking into the school. Some girl will come up to me and treat me like her best friend and we would become close friends. She would introduce me to her friends who are all stereotypical and just like me. All the kids are all alike: beautiful, thin, and all stylish. There are no goths, loners, and any other cliques other than preps and jocks. The only kid that stands out is the lone fat girl who practices the illegal art of hip-hop because in High School Musical world you can only sing Pop songs and cheesy romantic songs.
I would go to my classes which are only 5 minutes each and the teacher is always interrupted by the bell. We have no homework and don't really learn anything so we have plenty of time to choreograph and rehearse the lyrics to our next musical number. The lunch room is nice and spacious and has tons of room for me to break into song. Soon I would see him. A handsome boy who is perfect. Captain of the (insert sport team), with great looks, a beautiful singing voice which he does not know he has, and the most perfect personality. The perfect guy. Our beautiful eyes would meet and we would fall in love. We would go on romantic dates together and whenever we try to kiss, sprinklers would go off because in HSM world sprinklers are everywhere!
Though the students are not happy with us dating, and soon we become the most talked about couple ever. I'm guessing that's because my perfect high school is soo boring that a nerd dating a jock is as shocking as sombody getting pregnant.
Sooner or later, I would meet some mean blonde girl, because every blonde in High School Musical world is evil, and has a "maybe maybe not" gay brother. I knew from the start that she is bad news, as she suddenly got mine and my perfect boyfriend's friends against us and finally tricked my perfect boyfriend into saying he doesn't care about me. I break up with him, but all the guys in HSM world suffer from "suck-at-everything-they-do-after-a-breakup-disease", so he sings a lovely song to me, and I just had to take him back. After that, we all sang a song together with the evil blonde girl and I lived happily ever after.

If only life was really like that. Though, real life is more darker. People die, have car-crashes, suffer permanent break-ups, and love doesn't always triumph over evil. Just look at Romeo and Juliet, they both commited suicide. How is love triumphing over that!? And how can a school only have one fat person? Didn't the writers realize that America is suffering an obesity problem? I mean in my school ,there are plenty of thin kids and plenty of fat kids. It is near to impossible to have a whole school with only ONE person who is fat. As I will say again: High School Musical is an idealized version of life where people are beautiful, thin and perfect. Oh, and not all blondes are evil people whose only goal in life is to ruin the heroine's life. Both Emily and Robin are blondes and they seem perfectly fine. Now let's compare a High School Musical scenerio with a real life scenerio.
HSM: The beautiful heroine falls in love with the basketball star and almost everybody starts to get furoius at that. "Lucy, I don't think you should be dating Andy. You are a nerd and he is a sports guy. You're not alike!", Lucy's friend Veronica insisted. Lucy said,"SHUT YOUR MOUTH! I love Andy, and nothing can make me stop! We love each other."
Real Life: "Hey guess what?" Lucy exclaimed. Her friend, Veronica answered,"What?". "I'm going out with Andy! The captain of the Basketball team", Lucy cheered. Veronica said, "That's cool". Veronica then walked away.
See in real life, we don't really care who dates who. As long as they are together then we don't really care. Scenerio two:
HSM: Andy then stood in the center of the court and sang aloud,"Pass the ball! Shoot now! We're gunna win win win this gammmmmme!". All the strong basketball players then sang along and knew all the lyrics even though they have not heard the song in their entire lives. They danced in a totally non-gay way as they practiced their basketball.
Real life: Andy stood in the center of the court and sang aloud,"Pass the Ball! Shoot now! We're gunna win win win this gammmmmme!". Everbody then stopped, stared at Andy, and Mark said,"Dude what the hell was that?". Then there was a burst of laughter and Andy ran into the bathroom in utter shame and embarassment.
Ok, I kinda exaggerated the last one because I know that kids don't sing in school. The last thing I am going to say is that: Kids you have to do work in High School. You're probably used to seeing your precious little Gabby getting straight A's while she doesn't give any real effort. High School is not about fun and games and believe me, if you think that you will fail. Ever wonder why Troy Bolton is relying on Basketball for a scholorship? Probably because he is failing school and is an idiot! Plus, there is no such thing as the perfect guy. Every guy has flaws and when he misses one date, don't instantly think that he's a terrible person. And for gods sake, don't break up with him for silly reasons like missing one date, and not answering one call. You'll never find a boyfriend then.
I hope this post helped you a lot, and made you guys realize that High School is nothing like the movies

No comments:

Post a Comment