Monday, September 21, 2009

Cloudy with a chance of floods!

If you don't know by now, Georgia is suffering from heavy rains and flash floods. Unfortunately, my high school is now a victim of these floods. It all kinda started a week ago, when we first started having heavy rains. The roads were slippery, but it usually didn't impact us that much. I slowly noticed that it started to rain more, and harder. I remember the first time I noticed the thunderous sound of the rain hitting the ceiling of my school. It was Language Arts class and I was doing my thing filling out a worksheet (or something like that), when suddenly I heard a sound that sounded like a rollar coaster running over the school. It was very weird.
Ok, so today it was raining (duh), I had watched on the news that once again my school was staying open. No matter how hard it rains, snows, or whatever, my school always stays open. It's like they're scared to close my school. Well, the real action didn't start till Science class, when it was announced that the Elementary and Middle schools were letting out early (which is a real shocker). One thing that bothers me is: we're in High School, why are they telling us that the Elementary and Middle school kids are leaving? I was waiting for them to say, "Middle School students in Dallas, Texas are leaving school early". Who-gives-a-Darn! I certainly don't!

Some kids managed to convince the teacher to allow us to go outside and see the "stair waterfall". Ok, so there is this a small batch of stairs that leads to the tennis courts, and it rained soo hard that it actually caused the stairs to become literally, a waterfall.
Skipping ahead, of course we were allowed to go home *get this* fifteen minutes earlier than usual. Great. I made a joke to Emily that whenever I bring an unbrella to school,or anywhere it almost never rains. I knew that I would finally get to use my umbrella because it was like pouring outside. So I knew that I would finally get to use my umbrella. Guess what happened?

Right when I got outside it stopped raining. Damn you Mother Nature! You once again take away the chance to use my umbrella. I will never be under my umbrellla-ella-ella-a-a-a-a-ah-a. HAH little Rihanna joke there for all you stupid people. Well, school was closed for two days and rather than doing anything fun, I had to spend the time doing homework. What a great mid-week-weekend.

The next post will be called: Superman Returns (not the film)

1 comment:

  1. So did you did get two days off= that's pretty good for rain. I hear Obama declared Atlanta a disaster area- makes for good government funds to help clean up.

    Watch out with profanity. "F-you" isnt becoming in a 14 year old girls blog.... Unless, of course, you are a young Lindsay Lohan but you don't want to go that route...

    Keep up the writing!

    ReplyDelete