Saturday, September 5, 2009

A Freak Accident

*Warning this post is serious, no intended jokes in this post*
Life is short and it throws you in many directions. I had a life-changing accident which could have killed me if it was worse. It was a terrible accident, but compared to other accidents I have heard of, it was the easiest crash anybody could ever face.
It all began this morning, and my dad, two sisters and I were planning to go to my Grandparents house for the weekend. I was used to driving there because nothing ever happened. Everything was always fine. Not this time. I originally wanted to bring my laptop, but I wouldn't get any internet access, so what would be the point of bringing it. We stopped by Mcdonalds to have breakfast. I had some pancakes and fed my two year old sister Emily some OJ. We then drove a little while till we reached Alabama.
I managed to keep the car ride interesting by talking about superheroes, the Dark Knight and Christian Bale. It then started to rain very hard, and soon it became very windy. Then it started. It started soo fast and all I remember dad saying was "Hold on", before the car swerved and SLAMMED into the wall. I and the rest of the people lurched forward and the loud crashing sound made me jump. We hit the wall again and then we stopped.
My sister Sarah was in the front seat with the airbag puffed in front of her, and there was some form of fume leaking out of it. Luckily, Sarah was never hit by the airbag, but she was still crying. Emily (the two year old) was crying "MOMMY! MOMMY!". I was in total shock and my back hurt badly.
We stood there not knowing what to do. The car started to stink of the weird gas. Luckily, some people in a large yellow van stopped and allowed us to stay in their car for a while. Sarah was crying still, and I was almost over it. My back still hurt and I was trying very hard to bring some light back into this situation. My comedy didn't seem to help. My dad called 911 and soon a police man came, though he was absolutely no help at all. He didn't even come out of the car, and check if we were ok! My grandparents came later and they started saying stuff about Sarah and I going to the hospital. I thought everything was going to be ok. But this nightmare wasn't over yet.
They allowed us to go into my grandparents car when the yellow van people left. Sarah, Emily and I stayed in there and we talked for a little bit. I was soo happy to see Emily happy again and Sarah and I were slowly starting to talk about other stuff. Sarah and Emily got buckled up, while I didn't. I would soon regret it. I looked ahead to see my dad, grandpa, and some other people looking at my totalled car. Then I heard the noise that I hoped I would never hear again. The screeching of tires on the wet cement. A car was heading straight towards us.
Then from behind us a car slammed into us, pushing everybody forward and making a small bang. Sarah, Emily and I started to cry soo hard. My head was hurting as I had gotten a cut on my head from the rims of my glasses. I wanted this day to end! I had been in two car crashes in a matter of twenty minutes. My back was hurting even more and I started to breath very heavily. I thought I was going to die.
My dad and everybody ran over to us, and I ran out of that car and I kept saying, "I want to go home!". I cried more and prayed to god that this was only a dream and that no more cars would hit. Though I was grateful that it wasn't a giant truck that hit us, because I had heard a truck skid a couple minutes before. I looked around me only to see everything was scattered around the grass surrounding the high way. My bookbag (which I had brought with me to finish my homework), my little sister's books, my glasses (which had caused my scratch), and tons of other things. I was soo scared and I just wanted to get away from there.
Worse part was that that stupid police officer was still in his car and didn't even care that me (a child) was just in yet another car crash. My grandpa told us to get in the front seat of the car, though Sarah and I begged not to in fear of another car hitting us. After what seemed like a year, an ambulance and firetruck soon came. Two firemen came up to us and started asking what hurt. I shakingly said, "My head hurts, my back hurts and my chest hurts", though it was all thrown together with a flood of tears. We were then taken to the ambulance where they took my blood pressure, and heart rate. I couldn't really focus on the actual results because every time a truck or car went by I would start crying more and become majorly scared.
I took my cell phone out and started texting people I knew right before they put some thing around my neck and told me to sit down in a chair in the back of the ambulance. My sister Sarah was put onto a stretcher and they put all sorts of weird stuff on her. Soon they did it to me.
So there I was staring at the ceiling just trying to ignore the fact that I had been nearly killed and that that was the most scariest thing that had every happened to me. My grandpa decided to come with us as they drove us to the hospital. I tried to bring some comedy into the car ride by talking about Heath Ledger, Christian Bale, high school and other stuff to the ambulance driver. I also texted a lot and made a single phone call to a friend. She didn't pick up.
I was finally relaxed and I looked over to Sarah who had a white blanked on her which just gave me haunting images on what could have happened. We soon made it to the hospital where Sarah and I were separated. I was taken into a separate room where all I could do was stare at the wall and listen to the sounds from a crappy cartoon. Plus, I really had to go to the bathroom. I called my friend Lauren, who was all "OH MY GOD I'm soo happy your alive". Thanks.
Some nurses came in and did some tests and after a long time, I finally got that stupid braces thingy off and was finally allowed to go to the bathroom. They did tell me to pee in a cup, but I'm not going to describe that. After that I went to see Sarah who was still traumatized from the event. I went over to Emily who was luckily in a happy mood and suffered no real injuries. I was soo happy to see her alive and happy. I smothered her in kisses and hugs. Dad and grandpa left later and I spent ten minutes just entertaining Emily and making her laugh. I have never been soo happy to see Emily before.
Sarah was released from the hospital soon, but I and Emily had to stay because I had hinted that I might have a yeast infection (great this day just keeps getting better), and Emily had yet to pee in a cup (err bag in her case). When I first told the nurse that I was having itching problems down there she asked, "Are you sexually active?". I was all "NO NO NO NO NO!". Because I do not care for guys. I then had to have a test done to see if I did have a yeast infection, and the actual test was soo ticklish that I could not stand still. It just felt soo weird to have something other than your underwear in your girl part.
A long time passed and I learned that YES I had a yeast infection. DAAAMN! Emily still hadn't peed in her bag, so we had to make her pee by sitting her on the potty. Yeah it worked, then came the most longest thing ever. Waiting for my infection medication. I swear this person took as long as that police officer to get those pills. I was in there for literally two hours. When I finally got it I knew that I would have to go home. Though the haunting of the two car crashes made me worry even more about driving to grandma and grandpa's house again. To my great luck nothing happened and I got to their house safely.
The moral of this TRUE story is: Cherish every moment with your family because you don't know when something bad can happen

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you and your family are doing ok. What a scary experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Guess you're glad you had your seatbelt on!

    ReplyDelete