Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween

It was a dark and stormy night, and the only sounds that could be heard was the ringing of a chain-saw and the screaming of children. My friend Emily and I had succesfully gotten out of the house after having my grandparents go through the whole "Wear a jacket and don't talk to stangers" thing that I always hear ths time of the year.
The house we wanted to go to first was none-other than the Smith house. Emily seemed very content on going to the Smith house seeing that I have told her soo much about them. Here's a quick summarization of what I say about them: You know how the grass is greener on the other side? Well their brown grass has been spray painted bright-everlasting green". For all you people out there who don't understand the meaning of that phrase it is: They seem to be absolutly perfect, but if you look and listen closely you can tell their anything but. So for the first time ever, the mom wasn't actually there. I personally could care less if the mom wasn't there, Emily wanted to meet the two little brat girls they have: Meredith, and Kylie. I always tell Emily that everybody in my neighborhood sees them as the perfect little girls, but I used to be 'friends' with them and they are anythoing but. Meredith is controlling and seems more interested in playing with toddlers than actually playing with people her own age(me) Kylie is Sarah's arch-enemy business wise. Sarah is constantly telling my mom to not invite her to my sister Emily's birthday party because she fears that Kylie wll try to steal Sarah's business(mainly because there are over ten babies coming and that must seem like heaven on earth for Kylie and Meredith). So yah Emily really wanted to meet them but unfortunatly she never did...yet.

The first couple houses we went to were unfortunate duds and we never really got any candy till later. There was one house which had a fog machine and the house went on the usual trend:Trick of treat, get candy, leave. We did not realize till later that that guy had some evil intentions. Right after we left we heard the sound of a chain-saw and some girls screaming. I turned around to see some kids running towards us and they told us to turn back and go back to the house with the fog machine. They told us that that same guy who was giving us candy was chasing kids with a real chain-saw. Irony.
Emily did not want to go back to that house because think she gets scared easily. So we continued on till we got to one house that was having a haunted house thingy-m0-bobber, and of coarse wanted to go n. Well I wanted to go in after I saw a couple kids running out screaming. Me and some guy dressed as a banana tried to convince Emily to go inside but we dramatically refused(she backed up making a beeping sound) and no matter how much I tred to convince her she didn't' go inside.
Inside the haunted house was a guy dressed as a killer bee behind a sheet that would scream. I punched the sheet, and boy was it funny. I walked through with my fingers in my ears because that's what happens when I get nervous), till I saw a large bowl of gummy candies. Some guy did jump out but it wasn't scary. So as a joke I decided to run out screaming just to freak Emily out. It did. The rest of the night Emily complainted about her moccosins being wet(she was being an indan), and even though I was wearing a catsuit that covered all my skin I was still cold. I mean it was raining, windy, and pretty dark. Overall it was a good Halloween and the surrounding were more like a horror move than a friendly suburban Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment