Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Jeju

You'd think that 5 hours at a spa would be like heaven, but not for me. Well, kinda, but the Spa I went to wasn't your usual spa. There was one area where you.....don't wear clothes. *Dun dun duuun*. I was soo not ready to be naked in front of ladies, I don't even know, even though Sarah was almost the first one to go streaking out. I'm kinda...dare I say, uncomfortable with my body. Believe me, if you see me, you would not think I was uncomfortable with my body. I'm thin (warning: Mary sue description ahead) and have tiny curves in the right places. Though Sarah is always saying that I don't have any boobs, but I think she's talking about herself. One thing Sarah has as her benefit is that she actually doesn't have boobs (well she considers her tiny excuse for them, boobs, but those don't count).
So after embarrassingly racing out to the showers, my mom started talking to this one lady (yes, she was topless) and I was left to try to figure out a really weird shower hose thingy. It was soo hard to handle, I mean I was constantly spraying other people and my mom (and her unnamed friend) were just laughing their heads off. Ha-ha. What was even more creepy was that I was basically butt-naked in front of a lot of other naked ladies. MEGA EWWW! I swear if I see another naked lady I'll hurl! I'm already grossed out by the loads of fat naked ladies, and the whole "other naked ladies have been in the same hot tub as you".
Then came the massage. Once again, it was barely clothed, and it was done by thankfully some Korean lady wearing a bra and panties. Thank you lord. Though all the rubbing, and other crap like that was soo creepy and having it done naked with no body part off limits, it was pretty weird. In fact, this is what I wanted to do the whole time:


*note the exaggeration*

After....that, it was time to revisit the igloo-like meditation rooms, each with a purpose of cleansing something (if only they could cleanse Sarah's soul of the evil that's inside her. Sarah you just got pwned). Thank god we were supposed to wear cult-like pajamas... matching plain orange shirts and pants. Weird. Sarah seemed really hyped up to see the Clay room (which turned out to be a major disappointment. Though the funniest one was where we went to the Salt room and Sarah burned her foot on the hot tiles. Word of advice:when you enter a steam room with mats all around that are supposed to get you away from stepping on the hot tiles, don't step on the hot tiles either way. Sarah wasn't really hurt, but it sure did teach her something.

My favorite igloo was the Gem room. All the walls were covered in sparkling gems like amethysts (which covered the ceiling in a sun pattern), and aquamarine. It was beautiful and to see some images from the Gem room go to http://www.jejusauna.net/ click photo gallery and click on picture number 10. Unfortunately, you don't get to see the ceiling, but it is still pretty either way. My second favorite was the Jade room which wasn't too hot or too cold. It was a good place to relax and think of Smallville and Batman. I have the weirdest interests.

Overall, I'd rate this trip a NC (NC for not censored), and give it a grade of B- (cause just being naked and seeing naked ladies.) Thank god I didn't know anybody there.

No comments:

Post a Comment