Thursday, November 19, 2009

My Ultra,weird geography class part two

You know the drill: Jimmy Nerdtron adds random comments in and asks once again "Did the samurai use guns". WHAT IS IT WITH MY CLASS AND WEAPONS? WE HAVE ONE GUY WHO CEASES TO RECOGNIZE THE FACT THAT GUNS ARE ACTUALLY A MORE RECENT INVENTION AND ANOTHER WHO IS OBSESSED WITH BOMBS! Geez la weeze! Ok, so in Geography Class, I was unfortunately burdoned with yet another project. This time it's about the Pirates of the Carribean 3 country: Singapore. Seriously. I wanted to do Japan, because actual interesting things happen there, but no. My partner wanted to god's isolated child known as Singapore. *growns with misery*. After going through the simple things of going over who would do what, I definitely realized that I would be the leader of my little duo. My partner (who I can't pronounce or spell her name) is a little on the quiet side and was kinda submissive. Weird usually, I'm the done whose the quiet and submissive one and allows the other people to do the work for me. I guess god has a way of raining on my normally non-work parade. Hmm.
Then came the rest of that stupid powerpoint on East Asia. I've noticed that we only watch powerpoints and take notes and then we take the quiz. Is my teacher not good at giving intellectual speeches, I guess not. He spends most of his time reading aloud the powerpoint and trying to be funny. Let's just say that if he was in a funny contest, he would get a participation award. Ok, maybe I was harsh but at least he tries and sometimes he is funny.
In the power point, when it told us about Mongolia it mentioned one of the most bad-ass conquerers of that time period: Genghis
Turns out he has conquered 1/4 of the Earth during the Mongol Empire time. Sweet. Though the Mongol Empire split up and soon was pushed back to modern day Mongolia. Ohh how unfortunate. KHAAAAN later died from his injuries after Tanguts.

*no this post was not made in order to pull that star trek joke*




No comments:

Post a Comment