Monday, November 23, 2009

Confessions of a ex-Twitard: Now I know how Stephanie Meyer really got the idea for Twilight

Two weeks of reading finally ended and I was sure that Twilight was the greatest thing to come on earth! It was my romance novel. Me and Edward, Edward and I. The book was addicting and right when I finished the book, I was ready to see what was going to happen to me…bella(oops). I was in homeroom when I started reading New Moon. Right when I read that Edward was leaving Bella, I felt like somebody was hurting me and that Edward was breaking up with me. I felt….sad. I felt like I was going to cry (which I did a little). I spun around to my friend Jordan (who is the biggest Twitard ever), I gasped, “Oh my god! Edward broke up with Bella! WHY?!”. Jordan (who claims to have read the books many times) just started talking about New Moon, and later we started gushing about how much we are looking forward to the Twilight movie and how we are soo going to see it together. Back on Edward leaving Bella: I reread that page over and over again and could not believe it. The rest of that day, I spent reading that book and sometimes getting bored of Bella moping around (which is what I would have done if my perfect sparkly boyfriend broke up with me). I was getting bored of me…I mean Bella. That night, I had what was probably the…greatest dream ever

I was in front of the Taj Mahal, and Edward was there. I could see the other Cullens walking away from the Taj in a rush and Edward and I walked behind a large wall with a bench behind it. Then…. A make-out session began. He kissed me fiercely on that bench and I felt…happy. We laid down and….I gotta stop there. Just to summarize the whole thing: yeah I had a X rated dream about Edward and I (just like Stephanie Meyer did). Wow it all makes sense now. I had a dream about Edward and I that is almost an exact match to the one Stephanie Meyer had(except at the Taj Mahal). I now know that Twilight was not a dream, it was a fantasy just like mine. It was like I had gone into Stephanie Meyer's head for a moment. Soo weird. *lets get back to my dream* Alice then ran up to me and told me to come on. Thanks Alice for ruining a good dream of mine. I woke up upset that my dream couldn't continue longer, and I tried to force myself to continue the dream but there was no luck.
So that morning I went onto my favorite Twilight fansite known as Bella and Edward.com. You know those fansites that make long articles all about stupid stuff like Robert and Kirsten were spotted outside a deli yesterday, or the director says that Twilight will appease the crowds. STOP THE PRESSES! At school, Jordan and I talked nonstop about Twilight and I planned to bring in a quiz to see how big of a Twitard she is. She actually refers to Twilight as the red and black bible. Weird. I mean Jordan was like the biggest fan ever! She was the type of Twitard that would start beating you with a brick if you aren’t obsessed with Twilight. We were like obsessed with Twilight.
As the Twilight movie premier came closer, I was constantly bugging my mom to take me to Hot Topic so I can get a Team Edward t-shirt. When we finally did, I was overjoyed with the racks of Twilight merchandise from Twilight shirts, posters, and those geeky buttons that say “Do I Dazzle you”(which I have), and “Team Edward”. I ended up getting a very stylish Edward t-shirt. I wore that t-shirt to school the next day under a jacket and Jordan thought it was the coolest shirt ever and kept having me show it to her. Oh and Hot Topic was a pretty creepy store. There was loud music, creepy shirts and posters of skulls and emo stuff, and the cashier looked Emo. I’m guessing that the Twilight merchandise is the only reason Hot Topic was (and is) getting business. If I had a store then I would sell Twilight merchandise like an Edward Cullen shower curtains because what’s more romantic than Edward Cullen watching you pee and take a shower.

That night, I wished once again that I could have another dream about Edward and I but I was not soo lucky. I just stayed up all night thinking about Twilight and Twilight only. Then I noticed something. My walls were so..bland. I needed to put my love of Twilight onto my wall. So a couple months later on Christmas, I got two new Twilight posters. Unfortunately, the Robert Pattinson one got “accidently” thrown out. How funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment