Friday, August 28, 2009

Freshmen GONE WILD!

Today was the official Freshmen dance. You know where a bunch of crazy teens come together and start dancing with loud music, flashy lights and other stuff that I absolutely despise. My mom had bought me a ticket mainly because my friend Emily was going. Curse you Emily!*JK*

The hours before the party I was absolutely not looking forward to. I had to do the quick routine before I had to go to the party.
1. Take a shower. Every girl needs to take a shower for very obvious reasons
2. Put makeup on TWICE. One after you take a shower and another round for touch-ups
3. Put something good on. My mom made me change shirts three times! OMG!
Soon Emily arrived, and I was driven to the party. We came early so I am proud to say that I was the first person at the party! YAH ME! At first, the part was pretty quiet till the thundering music started blasting into my ears. Every time I tried to talk to Emily and an old friend of mine named Johanna* I kept having to yell, "WHAT?!". I seriously could not hear a thing my friends were saying.
After about an hour of talking, and I slowly was starting to become bored of Emily's and Johanna's lack of interest of dancing. They seemed more interested in playing Dance Dance Revolution than actually dancing, which doesn't make sense to me. I never was a dancer, and the only real dance moves I know is to just sway back and forth and move your hips. Later on, I got insanely bored of wandering around the party doing nothing, so I decided to go onto the dance floor. I soon learned that a loud dance floor, and a dj handing out t-shirts can turn even the most book-wormish person(me) into Paris Hilton(the party crazy version, not the sex crazed one. That version is specifically made for the popular girls). At first I blended into the crowd and I found myself not dancing very wildly compared to the popular girls. I saw tons of girls dancing their heads off with their little boyfriends.
Note: High school dating never lasts. I mean you talk to a guy for thirty seconds and you become his girlfriend for what! Two days! But these popular girls have dated almost every guy. They are all like, "Oh my god, Tiffany is soo going out with Brad but he is like soo crushing majorly on Britney. Oh did you hear that Toby is taking Susie to the prom. I heard that they like soo did it in his bedroom last night. She went like all the way! I went all the way with my boyfriend once, thank god I didn't get pregnant!". Disgusting.
Soon the loud, and slightly annoying Dj started tossing out t-shirts to the girl who was partying the hardest. It's like the early teen version Girl's gone wild, except you win crappy t-shirts instead of crappy beads which you can at a local Party City for less than 50 cents. Then I had a idea, "How about I win a t-shirt but exaggerate the story a bit so I freak mom and dad out". This was good compared to my other idea," Tell mom I have a major project due tomorrow and I haven't started it yet", though that would probably give mom a heart attack.
I'm not that mean, though I did boast to my sister that I was getting a facebook when she wasn't(which she has been causing a huge fit over because she doesn't have a facebook). I'm only getting a stupid Facebook because I have to keep in touch with the other members of my Drama club, I would never get one if it weren't the Drama club. Facebook is no longer for teens, but now for a bunch of middle age women looking trying to reconnect with their old friends only to find out that they are either:
a. gay
b. really old
c. lying to make themselves seem rich and famous
d. still the same old bitch that you remembered them as
Back to the party: I started to wave my hands in the air, screaming, and jumping up and down. Luckily I got some help from a friend and with my waving hands and screaming I finally won a t-shirt. But my wildness didn't stop there. I actually jumped onto the stage(which luckily had a bunch of girls on it already), and started dancing Put a ring on it by Beyonce. I soon regretted it, because I just knew that I probably embarrassed myself in front of the popular girl and the popular girl's feminine guy-friend.
I stopped dancing after the Beyonce song ended, and I cowarded away with my friend Johanna and we spent the rest of the time talking in the hall, mostly in the bathroom which was surprisingly fancy compared to the normal school bathrooms). The bastards. Emily came searching for us later and I have Johanna the link to my blog and my email. Yet she still hasn't commented on my blog or even emailed me yet. Hmm.
I then called my mom to pick me up. I tried to convince her to let Emily stay over, but once again she found some reason to say no. No is like a parents answer to anything.
The next post will be called:I reveal too much to a popular girl

No comments:

Post a Comment