Saturday, August 22, 2009

Indiana Freshmen and the School of the 18 snack machines

With my backpack and my friend Emily, we both trekked down the many halls to our next class. We turned our head once to see the large box that was a snack machine. Soon, everywhere I turned, there were snack machines which were full of candy, chips, sugary drinks, vitamin water, and tons of other stuff that makes me droll as I type this. Then I heard the loud sound of something coming from the end of the hall. I turned my head to see a giant boulder heading right for me. I dropped my bag and started to run. The boulder raced it's way down the hall, smashing and tumbling over kids and snack machines. I narrowly escaped, but I had to turn around and see the mess it caused. All I can say is :OHH THE HUMANITY! There was debri everywhere and the victims were thrown everywhere with their bones and body parts broken in half or thrown half-way across the hall. It was carnage, bloody carnage!
Ok, so that's not really what happened, but there definitely was a lot of snack machines. Then I decided to do a little test, I counted all the snack machines in the school and compared it to the number of hand-sanitizer dispensers around the school, too. Total score:
18 snack machines
17 hand sanitizer dispensers
Snack machines win! I can't believe that our tax-payer money is being spent on snack machines. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.
Ok, so my day started with me wanting to wear shorts to school but mom was soo against it. Doesn't she know that you can wear anything you want to high school and nothing really happens? In the orientation, they said you couldn't wear shorts to school, but it has been three weeks already, and girls are still wearing shorts to school. They must really not care about being strict about the dress code, and I am talking about the teachers. Yeah, so I'm wearing a skirt tomorrow, because I don't think I've ever worn a skirt to school. Usually, I wear pants and a t-shirt, so this will be interesting.
In my chorus class, which is now my almost least favorite class for two reasons: we haven't really memorized the lyrics to any of the songs yet, and the warm-ups are kinda creepy. Here are our creepiest warm-ups ever:
1. Sing to the wall so our butt is facing the teacher.
2. Sing "Poppy petunia poppy petunia gladoioli" as we rub some the person next us's back
3. As we sing the quick song "A Zula King", there is a quick moment where we tickle the person next to us. W-T-F!
OMG, it is like soo creepy and soo boring. I miss Middle School Chorus, because we learned, the class was fun and we watched movies after a major concert. High School Chorus is ok, and the only cool thing is that the uniforms are more fancy and when we get to 10th grade, we get to go to Italy (awesome!).
After chorus, it is Social Studies, which is fairly fun. There is this girl who is in my class who I nick-named Barbie because she has the appearance and personality of a Barbie doll. She has blonde hair, blue eyes, really friendly, and a cheerleader. Yeah, she just kinda reminds me of Barbie, though I never really talk to her.
Ok, after Social Studies, it was lunch. I usually have a strict lunch schedule for the week:
Monday: Pizza Day
Tuesday: Either salad or try something new day
Wednesday: Bring lunch or pizza (I'm like obsessed with the school's pizza)
Thursday: Salad or try something new
Friday: Bring lunch
I always get a bottle of lemonade for a drink and occasionally I go to the ice-cream line and get some ice cream (obviously, what else would I be doing at an ice-cream line, getting tacos?). Lunch is fairly boring, because the girls I used to talk to just haven't been talking to me lately.
*sigh* Well ,in Language Arts class I got bored and started to flip through my Literature book and started to read a short story about Detective Sherlock Holmes. Whenever I think of Sherlock Holmes now I think of.... Robert Downey Jr. I mean how can I not, he is playing Sherlock Holmes plus is absolutely gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment