Monday, August 10, 2009

The First day: Part 1

It was three years ago when I started realizing that I was close to High school. Though back then, I believed High school was just like High School Musical. You know, where everybody is nice and you make tons of friends in the first day. High School Musical lies. The real high school is nothing like the movies. For one thing, there aren't any sexy vampires and rarely do people come up to you and start talking to you like you're their best friend. No, you actually have to make an effort to make friends, which is a real challenge for me. I am a very shy person, which I blame on my mild case of Aspergers
Well, I woke up this morning exhausted, and oddly freezing. I didn't know if it was cold on the outside or just cold inside me. Whatever it was, I was still nervous about my first day, though I was slightly calmed with the fact that I met most of my teachers and an old friend at orientation. Yet I was still nervous. My main two worries were about me getting lost in my new, huge school and the whole friend department.
A reason why High School Musical isn't like real high school #1: In High School Musical, people make friends without even trying. Oh and apparently, the only real social groups in HSM are Preps and Jocks. You rarely see any goths, and never any loners. Everybody there are social butterflies.
After slumping out of bed at the agonizing time of 7:05, getting dressed, putting my contacts in(which I have been using a lot more often), and putting my makeup, I trekked downstairs. My sister Emily* was still sleeping in her crib and my other sister Sarah* was oddly awake. Sarah is going into 6th grade this year, and I'm guessing she doesn't realize that she gets to sleep longer than I do.
I went downstairs for a moment and slowly started eating a cereal bar as I watched The Daily Show with John Stewart. Yeah, that show is my favorite, though I bet most teens in my new school watch Gossip Girl, Entourage, Degrassi, and other teen shows. My dad came in later and he went through the whole "Just smile and talk to people" thing. I bet he doesn't know that smiling doesn't really help in High School. You gotta have a good reputation from your first day in Middle School, because most of the kids in High School are probably from your old school. Unfortunately, my reputation in middle school isn't so great, and that was a very rough time for me socially. Academically, I was ok, but I had very few friends. Plus, I'm like very shy and I actually went through a very rough stage where I was depressed.
A little bit later Emily* woke up but she was not in a good mood. When I think about it, when ever does a two-year old wake up in a good mood? The good thing about Emily, is that she is just soo adorable and it is very hard to be mad at her. Unless, when she starts talking non-stop, hits, throws, bites, and screams, but what two-year old hasn't done that.
I took her downstairs after telling her that mom was awake, because Emily* is such a mommy/daddy/and sisters girl. There is only one thing that Emily* loves more than her family and that is babies especially, ones that are younger than her. Like last Saturday. I went to my cousin's bat-mitzvah and Emily* started obsessing with this little 9-month old named Bobby*. She kept saying "Baby! Baby!". Yet she wouldn't really play with Bobby*, she would just watch him and occasionally touch his hair.
Ok, off of Bobby*. Soon it was time for me to head off to school. After my mom dropped me off and gave me the whole "Love you and have a good day" pep talk, I was on my way to homeroom. Now 0 period doesn't start till 8:15, so I spent the time wandering the halls till it was 8:15. But then the real confusion started to begin.
It all started when role call began. I had wasted a couple seconds attempting to talk to some girl who turned out to be a kid who was held back. Go figure. After the last names were called, I noticed that I hadn't been called. I was in the wrong homeroom! I personally blame the whole way they chose us for homerooms. Rather than doing it the simple way by saying "All kids with the last name A-C go to room bla-bla-bla" they said "Marcus through Micadams go to room 101". How the heck would they think that we would know the spellings of those name or even know how to understand their way of sorting us confused Freshmen.
Luckily, my real home-room wasn't that bad and it didn't have that annoying girl named Mikela*. Mikela was in almost all my 8th grade classes and she was annoying as hell! You know those kids you pretend to be stupid in hopes that they are being funny or to be cool? Yeah she's one of those kids. The kids and teacher seemed nice and I talked to one girl named Beth.
Stay tuned for.... Attack of the Seniors!
*= names have been changed

1 comment:

  1. yeah hello did u totaly forget about me and how u are in all my classes exept 2

    and i said hi and we talked the rest of the day

    from your friend emily

    ReplyDelete