Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Attack of the seniors!

I went to my first period which was mainly uneventful. I talked to my old friend Emily*, who apparently has the same name as my sister and also has a last name that sounds like my sister's middle name. What a total coincidence! Soon it was Lunch.

At first, I sat by myself till an old frienemy named Jade* and my really old friend Grace* sat down. We didn't talk much except for when I asked my three questions "How are you? Anything new? How was your summer?". I felt like Shen-Shen from Wicked. You know, that girl who follows around Galinda and tries hard to be her friend. Yeah, I'm kinda like that. Though, I'm kinda still surprised that I actually have somebody to talk to at lunch, because in Middle School, I usually was quiet and just ate. So, this was still different. Most of the time I was with Jade I spent trying hard to join into their conversation, which went well I guess.

As lunch continued, I realized that I was stupid enough to not get a napkin. Without worrying a bit, I walked away from my chair and got a napkin only to see something was different with my seat when I returned. There was no chair! Somebody had stolen my fricken chair! At that moment, I remembered the whole concept of "older students picking on the younger students". Great. What gives seniors the right to pick on the younger students? I mean, we were all in this situation once, so why would they make it so hard for us? Now that I think about it: Those seniors were always a bit odd in many ways.
For one thing, they are fricken huge! They're like 6 feet tall, have huge muscles and are like, totally threatening. They walk around like they are the kings of High school, which I guess they are. The second way is that some of the seniors, juniors, and sophomores are all like, "Aww look at the freshmens. Aren't they soo cute". How is a 14 year old supposed to be cute? We're either sexy, pretty, or "ehh ok". They treat us like we're newborn babies being shown off by their mommies.
I then looked around the large cafeteria to see tons of kids standing around, obviously having their chairs taken by the older students. After having to sit with another girl, who seemed very(maybe too) willling to let me sit with her, I started to notice that even some freshmen were taking chairs. One kid even stole a chair right in front of me, though I guess letting them know you see them taking a chair doesn't make them stop. The freshmen who steal chairs are just like monkeys. Monkey see monkey do, I guess.
Soon, somebody started to talk on the intercom about the next period and suddenly all the freshmen (except for me, because I actually value my chair) started heading for the door. This lead to tons of chairs being stolen, then came the older students laughing and booing us. The funny thing is that some male teacher told the seniors to boo us for not staying in our chairs. What wonderful teachers we have.
The bell rang, and I raced over to my next period, which was surprisingly enjoyable, mainly because the teacher is funny and kinda looks like a celebrity I know. I sat next to this one girl named Bella*, who I think is only hanging out with me because her mom told her to. You see Bella's* mom is friends with my mom, and I fear that my Mom might have told her about the whole "She has a social problem" and that's probably why Bella* is hanging out with me. Well, technically it's not hanging out. We don't talk, and when we do, it seems like she's either annoyed, bored, aggravated, or all the above. I just wish it was none of the above. I miss the days when we were almost friends, but I guess those days are over .
6th period was very boring and the guys I have to sit next to (involuntarily) are kinda weird, but they are a little funny(emphasis on the little). YAWWN! 7th period wasn't any bit more interesting mainly because it was math support. MEGA-YAWWN!
Then I went back to my homeroom after a long day where it was oddly very quiet. I just think that in a couple of weeks, we'll be wild and crazy. Ok, maybe I exaggerated, but the kids that are not me, will be wild and crazy. You see I'm not a party person and I'm definitely not one who goes crazy......often.
Reason number two why High School Musical is nothing like real High school: In real high school, grades actually matter. While in High School Musical, you never see them study, do homework, or even learn! They are more worried about basketball (which makes me think that Troy Bolton must be an idiot or something), the school musical, and dating. What doesn't make sense to me is that in HSM, Gabriella is supposed to be a genius, but Disney never emphasizes on it. It's like saying your a genius, but never proving it.
A good tip for upcoming High school students: When you are at the lunchroom, be sure you have everything you'll need. Napkins, forks, etc. Because if you don't have a friend watch your chair, somebody will probably steal it. Just like they did to me.

2 comments:

  1. Seniors are so mean! Things haven't changed since I was a freshman. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete