Thursday, February 4, 2010

Fashion show practice 1

I decided to take part in my school's fashion show despite the fact that I already have confidence issues, and probably won't be able to wear the cool clothes due to the fact that I'm too damn skinny. Curse you thinness. I always wonder what happens to the fat that I should have. I think that it either gets teleported into a parallel universe, or onto Rosie Odonnel's face.
Back on topic: Today from 3:30-5:10 (well 5:10 for me because I had a fitting) was the practice. For some reason they were filming the whole thing. Every practice to the show. Umm ok. So right when I went into the theatre (which had the whole catwalk thing already up) I heard some lady who looked like a Taylor-Swift wanna-be (We get it you have boobs, you don't have to show them off to us. We're only teen girls remember?), and another lady who looked like a mixture of Kristen Chenowech and an elderly Twiggy were saying how there was snacks in the Chorus room I was like (outloud) "There is! I'm gettin out of here now". Unfortunately the camera was still rolling. Great.

When the Taylor-Swift wanna-be started to talk she said, "Who here didn't bring their heels", my friend Desiree then yelled out, "ANNE!". The cameras were rolling and I hope that it won't be on the final video. Thanks Desiree. Thanks. The rest of the thing was just practicing walking, unfortunately a couple girls including me were chosen to go first. Non-stop walking back and forth, smiling, holding back straight, shoulders back, pretending to be a Barbie doll. The whole time Desiree, her friends (whom I felt like I couldn't fit in with) and I were making funny comments the whole time.

I texted my friends/cousins about my 'fashion show practice' and they seriously thought that I was in a real life fashion show. If only....if only. Then came the fitting. Unfortunately my small size took out many options for my clothing, and I was given some orange dress. While the store ladies said how cute I looked and how I look like a little supermodel, my mom looked as if I was wearing a whore's costume. She even tried to pull my dress up soo high that you might as well call it an 'urkel dress'. The store ladies asked my mom if they should get a new dress, but mom refused probably because she would be embarrassed to say no . Frankly I think the only type of dress the my mom would want me to wear to the fashion show is a burka. Mom took a picture of me in my dress and I may post it on my blog sooner or later.

Wish me luck at tomorrow's practice. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment